Iron Maiden are out with a live video for their ‘Brave New World’ track ‘The Wicker Man’, taken from the British heavy metal band’s concert at Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile last year. ‘The Wicker Man’ performance is taken from Maiden’s ‘En Vivo’ live/video album, out now on EMI/Universal. Watch it via YouTube below.
Iron Maiden are out with a live video for their ‘Brave New World’ track ‘Blood Brothers’, taken from the British heavy metal band’s concert at Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile last year. The ‘Blood Brothers’ performance is taken from Maiden’s ‘En Vivo’ live/video album, out March 26th on EMI/Universal. Watch it via YouTube below.
Iron Maiden are set to release their live/video album ‘En Vivo!’ on March 27th via Universal. The project was filmed during The Final Frontier World Tour at Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile on April 10, 2011. Bassist Steve Harris said of the venue selection, “After much consideration, we chose the Santiago show as we felt it was one of our best performances of the entire tour and to play at the prestigious Estadio Nacional was a landmark moment for us.”
Iron Maiden ‘En Vivo!’ Track Listing:
1. “Satellite 15” (from The Final Frontier, 2010)
2. “The Final Frontier” (from The Final Frontier, 2010)
3. “El Dorado” (from The Final Frontier, 2010)
4. “2 Minutes to Midnight” (from Powerslave, 1984)
5. “The Talisman” (from The Final Frontier, 2010)
6. “Coming Home” (from The Final Frontier, 2010)
7. “Dance of Death” (from Dance of Death, 2003)
8. “The Trooper” (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
9. “The Wicker Man” (from Brave New World, 2000)
1. “Blood Brothers” (from Brave New World, 2000)
2. “When the Wild Wind Blows” (from The Final Frontier, 2010)
3. “The Evil That Men Do” (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)
4. “Fear of the Dark” (from Fear of the Dark, 1992)
5. “Iron Maiden” (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
6. “The Number of the Beast” (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
7. “Hallowed Be Thy Name” (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
8. “Running Free” (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
Universal Music announced the release of ‘From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010’ on June 7th. The double-CD set spans twenty years, following the band’s 2010’s studio album ‘The Final Frontier’, which hit the number one spot in 28 countries around the world.
‘From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990-2010’ charts the musical development of the British metal band as they have evolved their sound. The double-CD retails for the price of a single album, and will also be released as a digital-download album and as a Limited Edition triple-vinyl picture disc set.
Iron Maiden are out with an electronic press kit for their fifteenth studio album ‘The Final Frontier’, which was released last month on EMI/Universal. “For an album that’s got a lot of prog influences on it, it’s very direct,” Bruce Dickinson said of the album’s live feel. “It almost sounds like a jam going on. In fact it’s not, but it sounds like that. I quite like that. It’s very different for us.”
The EPK at YouTube has since been removed.
The Kerrang! Podcast team went behind the scenes of this week’s Iron Maiden cover feature, attending the ‘Flight 666’ premiere in Brazil, looking around the band’s Ed Force One jet, and watching frontman/pilot Bruce Dickinson burn rubber around Sao Paulo’s Grand Prix circuit. Watch via YouTube below the cut. (more…)
Trivium are out with a cover song of the legendary Iron Maiden track ‘Iron Maiden’, off the British heavy metal band’s self-titled 1980 debut. The Orlando, Florida metal band chose to perform the song for Kerrang!’s ‘Maiden Heaven’ Tribute CD available for free with the purchase of Kerrang! magazine Issue 1219. Listen to the track below.
Iron Maiden have released a commercial promoting the release of their new collection ‘Somewhere Back In Time – The Best Of: 1980-1989’, which features tracks from the veteran metal band’s first seven studio albums and one live album in the initial decade of their career. The 15 track disc is out now on EMI. Watch it via YouTube below.